1. Cut several strips of paper.
2. On each strip of paper, write down a mood or a disposition like guilty, happy, suspicious, paranoid, insulted, or insecure.
3. Fold the strips of paper and put them into a bowl. They will be prompts.
4. Have each student take a prompt from the bowl and read the same sentence to the class, expressing the mood they’ve picked.
5. Students will read the sentence: "We all need to gather our possessions and move to another building as soon as possible!"
6. Students should guess the emotion of the reader. Each student should write down assumptions they make about each "speaking" student as they read their prompts.